After getting a bunch of Personal Messages about the same general things, I figure I should just put this out there to answer them all in one shot. I really don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's gotta be said. I'm spending more time checking PMs than I am drawing. :c
Here goes nothin! :O
1. MSN: I don't plan on adding you to MSN because you just want to talk. I'm really never online anyhow.. <:)
2. Xbox Live or Steam: I have xbox live and steam, but I will not give you my gamertag/username nor am I interested in yours. I'm sure you're a cool person, but I don't know you.
3. Free Drawings: I do not want to draw your character or comic idea, especially if you have no intention of hiring me and paying for the artwork. I'm far too busy with paying clients, side-projects and personal projects to do freebees right now.. :C
4. Commission Inquiries:If you are going to ask me about commissions, please at least have the money up front, or get set up with PayPal before contacting me... I don't like spilling my heart out about rates and wasting time e-mailing back and fourth, thinking I have a new customer only to be blown off later because they're "broke".
5. Scouting: No, I will not scout you just because you asked. I'm sure your art is lovely, and you are a very talented person, but people will scout you eventually on their own.
6. What type of programs I use: Photoshop CS3 and a 6x8 Wacom Tablet. Sometimes Flash CS3, too.
7. Teaching you to draw: Though I am in school to be an art teacher, I really can't do anything to 'teach' you via. PM. The most I can do, is tell you to keep practicing and not to give up. Please just look up tutorials on NG or DeviantART. You'll learn WAY more from that than you will asking me.
So yeah.. Now that the awkward part is over-with, I wanna thank you all for the nice comments and positive feedback. I really don't mind the genuinely sincere messages..
Also, Flash isn't something I'm entirely familiar with, so after getting the frontpager, and hearing your words of encouragement, I definitely plan on taking another shot at it soon, so thanks again! <3
Cheers, and to those in school: I hope those last few weeks of school go well before the break! Good luck on those mid-terms and finals!
I'm done until January 6th as of this monday. Woo hoo!