View Profile Sabtastic

All 40 Game Reviews

14 w/ Responses

The ending melted MY HEART! This was super cute. Nice work.

nyunesu responds:

Aww, thanks (:

5/5 DUCKS WOULD RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO THEIR DUCK FRIENDS

Obviously I'm biased because I love ducks, but this game's great. Nice job, cute premise, fun motive. You really made this work well considering you made it in a week! O: I'm really impressed!

Butzbo responds:

Thank you Sab!! :) Getting it all together was a bit of an endurance, but it's great to know it's appealing to duck fans (and hopefully ducks themselves :V )

This is really fun! At first it was a bit grindy, but if you take the time to earn a couple upgrades, you get used to the controls and the where to take cover.

I guess my only critique is that you can sorta herd the aliens into the corners on the far right and left sides depending on where you roll around. I can rack up bonus points by just continually herding them into a pile and blasting them -- but maybe that was an intentional thing.

EITHER WAY NICE WORK - your games are brutally challenging but they're awesome.

Hey just letting you know but I somehow managed to clip myself through the level on level 7! o:

I was standing in the middle of the level when I hit 'q' to shrink. Just fell right through the floor!
screenshot: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3afc6a94ce1896aaff328c815f5e4942

Thought I'd let you know about the bug.

Otherwise AMAZING game! I really enjoyed it!
Great work guys. c:

deathink responds:

I think you are just a super hacker! Hacktasic

Pretty nice work! o:
I'm really impressed that you've gotten to make such a variety of games in such a short amount of time! The sprites look nice as well as the cover art! o: Pretty sweet premise as well.

Suggestions
- add a variety of jump noises for the character, or take it away entirely, only to leave impact sounds for the jumps (seems really repetitive when the game revolves around platforming)
- Adjust the background stumps so that they're more obviously the background. I think I saw a few objects in the foreground that looked like surfaces I could stand on when they were supposed to be background sprites. (for example the stumps that you stand on when you first encounter a spider) At times I run into really tall trees that I assumed I could jump or walk past, so a simple fix would be to desaturate and darken the things that are meant
- WILHELM SCREAM HAS TO GO. lol I audibly groan every time I hear it PLEASE :V
- Rewards for the player could benefit your project and add replay value. Achievements of some kind or collectibles would work here on newgrounds, too!

Some bugs I've come across:
- multiple death screams play if the player is run over by a spider, sounds really freaky but one would do.

Looking forward to seeing the other projects you cook up for these courses!
Keep it up! c:

PandoricaVWorks responds:

Sab, it's updated! Try it out again pls!

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this game...! If only art history courses approached final exams in a similar manner! ;D

Music got a little irritating after about 10 minutes, but that's my only qualm.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. WHOA. HOLD UP.

I'm on the naughty list? 3:

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

muahahaa

I sincerely enjoyed this.
It's such a friggin' awesome concept I can't believe nobody's done something similar before.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME GAME YOUS GUYS <3

Also giving this a 5.
BEST GAME EVURRR

TomFulp responds:

You make some of the hardest bosses! It's cool to see people gradually filling the Emotes scoreboard.

Awesome job...!
The aesthetic is great - just simple enough to get the job done. Great character design--

I literally sat at work for hours just mulling through the levels-- which you did a great job with programming, by the way!!

I love how 'right down to the wire' you set them up to be. I doubt there's more than 1 or 2 ways to beat the waves in the more difficult levels! AAHH.

Again. Awesome work. This game was well worth your time. :)
P.S: ...Holy shit do you make games solo? Kudos!! o_o

Direct any business inquiries to sab0d@hotmail.com, send a PM here, or hit me up on Twitter!

Sabrina @Sabtastic